Friday, April 2, 2010

My new car......before pictures of course!

After being spoiled rotten for years and years with the new cars, I am proud to say that this is my new/oldcar. I don't necessarily know why I am so excited about it, maybe it is because we will not have a car payment so we can enjoy more family quality time with one another and not have to worry about how we are going to make a $500 monthly lease payment. Or maybe it is because Kris is going to fix it up so nice for me and that it will truly be worth all the sweat and hard work. Or that I wanted some type of an SUV and didn't think we would be able to afford one. Honestly I believe it is a combination of all of the above. The truck is in pretty rough shape right now but I have 100% confidence in Kris that he will turn it into an AWESOME car for me, Owen and Wyatt. After all he wants only the best for us and that includes making sure we all stay safe.













A little history of our newest addition to the Young household.... I found this car last weekend on craigslist, like I mentioned above we had been pricing Explorer's and Mountaineer's out however didn't think we could afford one. So lo and behold this "beauty" grabbed me immediately (the price, rather) and I showed it to Kris right away, knowing that he could do wonders to this steel of a lifetime. Sure enough we called on the car and it was still available....we went to see it he same day and upon arriving to the location where the car was being stored we noticed that there were no tires, wheels, hood, radio, steering column, KEYS, and many more items including most of the aluminum. Needless to say at first look we were hesitant to say the least....but after realizing the potential and not judging a book by its cover, we decided to go for it!!!


Keep your eyes peeled for "after" pictures within the next few weeks/months.....by August at the latest. So I'm saddened to say that I won't have a shiny brand new Lincoln to drive around after August, but I'm so excited about this new car and the sentimental value it already has to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.