Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time for a big boy bed??

This morning we awoke to quite an unusual sound. I remember lying in bed thinking to myself what on earth is that noise. It was a door knob turning back and forth.

I said to Kris "oh my gosh, Owen got out of his crib." Before either of us could make our way out of bed to check on him, our sweet little Owen greeted us in our bedroom with his paci in his mouth and holding his blanket. He had a very large grin on his face!

I told Kris that we should check his body over for broken bones- but so far so good! No complaints as of yet!

I was a bit hesitant for nap time today- wondering how I was going to get any work done with him climbing out of his crib. Thankfully, he had a nice nap and did not try to escape.

We just put him to bed about an hour ago and so far I don't hear any pitter-pattering of feet above me so I will take that as a good sign.

Looks like Owen will move to a twin size bed by this weekend at the latest! I was really hoping to keep him in his crib for a lot longer- he used to be needy! Mommy and Daddy to take him out after sleeping the night away or waking up from a refreshing nap! But those days are soon to be gone and he will continue to progress with his independence. It is sad that these precious moments are so short lived.

I guess this is why people have more then one child........so they can keep reliving these experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.