Monday, January 26, 2015

Dining room update

We also tackled the dining room at the end of last year. It's not exactly how I want it but it such a difference that I'm leaving it alone for now until I decide what more I want to do in there. It has been nice for us to have this space. Kris and I have been utilizing it as a work station for my work and his lesson plans. And we have been entertaining a lot so this space is used more than we thought it would be.

Before at our inspection. I'm pretty sure every light fixture was brass. I spray painted them rubbed bronze the night we got the keys.



And the color was really fine but just not much to it. A little yellowy beige for my liking.


And after paint....this picture doesn't do it much justice. I recently got a new phone so my pictures should be much better. Anyway, color was good but that light fixture was driving me bonkers.


Here is the latest picture from today. I showed the light fixture to kris thinking he was going to say absolutely not. But to this day I think he likes it more than I do.


Another angle of the room. Such a difference.


Let's see that one more time shall we?!

Before



After




Plans for this room include new hardwood floors, board and baton on lower half of chair rail,new window, larger mirror, some additional artwork for the room to complete the space. Also I would love to paint my furniture black, but I'm not sure I'll win that argument at the moment. One day!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.