Monday, January 26, 2015

Fireplace update

It's been a long time since I posted any pictures of our fireplace transformation. Since that time we got a new couch and some other stuff has changed as well. Below are the before, during and after photos.

This picture was taken at our inspection so don't mind the nasty kitchen, it's since been updated. I am not a fan of oak, so was mostly thankful that our new foreclosed house had maple in the kitchen and baths, however the mantle and banister were oak, so they had to go.


When kris was on a work trip I gel stained the mantle....it was better than the oak, but it was still hideous.


Then I decided to paint the wall.....gray! It wasn't until after I painted the wall gray that I hated the newly stained brown mantle. It needed a change.



It made the wall look green instead of gray.....but we kept it because I didn't know how easy it would be to just paint it white.


Fast forward a few months.....I painted the mantle white when I painted our new board and baton wall. It looked great but made the tile look really yellow and outdated. And that brass......ugh!


So naturally we had to redo it. We also painted the brass on the fireplace enclosure black....that made an impressive difference!


And here is how it looks today.


And our comfy new couch that we love!!!

Once more for the road. Before



After




Still lots to do but slowly we will get there. We both have so many things that we want to do, mine are all cosmetic of course, so I have to fit mine in when we can.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.