Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy 9 years!!

Dear Kris,
Nine years ago today I was already up and ready for the day....yet had butterflies in my stomach. Not bad butterflies, but good ones....the kind that come with excitement and happiness....I would soon be marrying my best friend, the love of my life and I was ready...SO ready!!
Fast forward nine years, I know we talk about how long nine years seems but it also seems like such a short amount of time when you are spending every moment with the love of your life. I'm even more in love with you now and my love grows deeper for you each and every day.
We have had more good times than bad and have had more ups than downs. I consider this a pure blessing. We have had some health scares and seen family members struggle but again we have been together through all of this and I know that you were the one who ultimately helped me through these hard and trying times.
We have owned two house, owned more cars and toys than I care to admit to (love you still), and have two amazing little boys who I am so proud of. You have stayed me with me throughout my pregnancies in the hospital and never left my side to go home to get some sleep. I'll always admire that about you. You would never leave my side on behalf of you.
I couldn't go back all nine years but was able to get some pictures of just the two of us over the past few years.
At aunt debi and uncle dusan's lake house for Fourth of July. Thank you for never once complaining about going somewhere or doing something you didn't want to do.




Valentines day at the frankenmuth brewery. Thank you for whisking me away on special occasions like this...with just the two of us.




An Easter egg hunt at Julie's. thank you for doing all the extras with our family. The boys and I notice.




Christmas time downtown. Thank you for always taking these pictures with me, even though I know deep down you would rather not.




My parents 40th anniversary. Thank you for putting up with them and loving them as your own. (They love you back)




At our annual photo session. (I know you hate these, but I also know that you know that I love them. So thank you for never complaining about them.)




My 31st birthday celebrated on our adult weekend in frankenmuth. Thank you for wanting to do fun things with me....and being equally as excited.




Julie's wedding, I know we were both in shock when the day finally came, but it was a beautiful day. Thank you for helping to take care of the boys on her special day so I could enjoy some alone time with her and my mom.




At the reception. Just the two of us. A common pose. Love this picture because its just us. We just work together. Thank you for this!




Me and you watching in awe of Julie dancing with Wyatt while he was in his pjs and wrapped in his teenage mutant ninja turtle blanket. Thank you for sharing this moment with me.




Our adult weekend to frankenmuth this year. Thank you for your laughter. When you laugh, everything seems to slow down for a second and I soak in life....the life that we created together.




Lastly our most recent picture together, putt putting with our boys on our first family camping trip of the year. Thank you for mustering up the energy to do something fun with our boys even though the day before we were as sick as could be.




I know how short and precious life is. I thank God every day for you and our family and pray that He will continue to bless us in growing old together and be there for our boys.
I thank you for being you. I thank you for loving me. I thank you for telling me you love me multiple times each day and for making an effort to give me a kiss every time when you come home from work or get back from wherever. I could go on and on and on......
Happy nine years. Praying for another 50+ of loving each other. I love you with all of my heart.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.