Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life...busy as usual

Where does time go? Really? Where does it go? It is practically the middle of February already. It certainly goes by too fast. Recently I agreed to take on a full-time job at work. I'm doing this new job Monday through Friday from 6am-4pm. And on top of that I am still doing my regular job. I agreed to take the new job because it is only for the month of February and I always try to help out when needed. I also agreed to take the job because I knew that with my new years resolution of saving money, this would be a darned good way to build up a nice chunk of change, especially with Owen starting a private school in the fall.

But I'm a week and a half into the job and I'm tired and am feeling bad for my boys. The job is busier than I expected and it is hard to take Owen to school three days a week and pick him up on those days. I have been trying to set up play dates for him as much as possible and bring a friend back to the house at least once a week so he and Owen can play awhile. Wy is napping when they play, so I can focus on my work.

I'm tired and irritable and both of my boys are sick right now and it's just a little stressful trying to be super mom. Is there such a thing as super mom? I wish I could say I was a super mom, but I'm feeling rather defeated at the moment. I still try to muster up as much energy as possible to play with them. But sometimes I feel I don't really know how to play "boy" stuff with them. Today for example we played catch, all three of us for about 30 minutes. And it was fun...maybe because I like sporty stuff, but we had fun. Owen can throw like a champ by the way. And Wyatt was doing great too! Then Owen set up a block display and we raced cars for a while...then we wrestled....and played doctor....and watched some shows. It was nice! I knew I would have to put off some of my work til tonight...but it was worth it.

My friend posted today about mom guilt, and as you can tell I totally have it! I've had it for a while. I want to be the best mom I can be and I know that my boys love me to pieces and look up to me. After all I'm all they have most of the week all day by myself. Kris leaves before they wake up and doesn't get home til after they are down for the night...so I know I need to give them all the attention and time I can. They deserve that and so much more!

Who knew that this mom thing was so hard?? I remember vividly when I was a kid, I never wanted to work. I always imagined marrying rich and having at least eight kids, yep 8!! But now I find that my life is tough with 2 kids....really hard sometimes.

But we have a good life and are beyond blessed. I just wish that I had the energy and patience to keep up with them. And I'm happy to say that I am taking the first week of March off....which is already designated for strict family time, just the four of us. I can't wait....in the meantime wish me luck, I certainly could use it!

1 comment:

  1. working and being a mommy is hard work. You are doing a great job. Don't make it harder by beating yourself up! BTW--mom guilt, never, ever goes away....

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.