Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day 2012

What a fantastic Labor Day we had this year. We continued on with our camping tradition with fabulous family and friends. This was my 12th year in a row and Owen's 6th and Wyatt's 3rd year. Kris has been going since he was a kid. What an awesome tradition to maintain and I'm so looking forward to being able to keep it going for as long as we can. The pastor who spoke this weekend was amazing....I really like him a lot! He spoke a lot about family and parenting...and I felt like he was talking to me at times...but it was exactly what I needed to get a little rejuvenated and I'm looking forward to following some good advice that is also biblical based.

We accomplished a ton this weekend. Wyatt napped each day so it was nice to have some alone time with Owen. We made crafts.....
 And more crafts.....
 And played baseball.....
 And climbed the rock wall.....
 And did some more crafts......
 And O and G went for truck rides around the campground...and he was quite the gentleman.
 When Wyatt woke up, he enjoyed some playdoh crafts with Grammy.
 Owen enjoying some more time on the rock wall.
 And we went for a hayride....
 And went down an awesome 150ft drainage tube slide....
 Owen on it again and again and again and again...... and loved it EVERY time. He was so funny. He was screaming the whole way down "yeah, yeah, yeah!"
 This is a picture of him coming out of the bottom of the slide. Check out the speed. So cool! This activity is by far his favorite thing to do at camp.
 And more truck rides with O, G and Wy.
 Of course going down this slide was pretty fun too!
 And dirty faces are pretty much a given all weekend long despite baths and baby wipes.
 Pictures in the same spot every year are a must for me. And thankfully after about 30 tries we got this one....pretty darned good if you ask me! All of my boys...LOVE THEM!
 Grammy and Wy man hanging out.
 Another adorable picture of O and G. How precious is this?!
 Grampy playing baseball with the boys. Fun times!
 Wy stuck between two adult chairs. Memories of how little he was is what this picture will become...
 Another run down the slide. He only would go down with me once. All other runs he would only go by himself. He is getting SO big SO fast!
 Cuddling on the hayride! Love you Owen!
 My traditional family photo at Camp. Thanks boys.... for looking at the camera and smiling.
 Owen walking up the HUGE hill to go down the tube slide again. I would meet him half way and grab his sled so he didn't have to lug it up the huge hill over and over. I know, I pretty much rock! :)
 Grammy with Owen.

 Me giving Owen some love.
 Me and Wy-man...Love you wy wy!
 Preparing our traditional Sunday night dinner. Tinfoil dinners aka AMAZING!
 Love this one too...see the haze/dust? That's what it was really like.
 Finally grampy and grammy with their grand babies.
We are already super psyched to go next year. It is such a fantastic weekend. We are so bummed it couldn't be longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.