Friday, November 6, 2009

Cautiously Expecting #2

We found out we are expecting #2 on Labor Day.......we are very excited! This is the most recent ultrasound picture taken at 12 weeks 3 days.
Baby at 10 weeks with the Subchorionic Hemorrhage to the right of the babies head.



Baby at 8 weeks.
So needless to say we are cautiously expecting #2. Two weeks ago, while I was 10 weeks 6 days pregnant I was sitting at my desk and started getting pretty bad cramps/gas pains. Then about 30 minutes later I just started gushing blood. I thought it was over! I went to my doctors a few hours later expecting the worse and was told that the baby was still doing good and had a good strong heart beat and was still measuring perfectly. Kris and I were in shock, how could I bleed so much and still have the baby be okay? I was diagnosed with a SCH (Subchorionic Hemorrhage) which is where the placenta detaches slightly from the uterus. The hematoma/blood clot/hemorrhage is very near to my cervix which is creating an exit for the blood. I was told that I would have a 50/50 chance of miscarrying at this time.
Fast forward 6 days. Go back to the doctor for a checkup and to see how/if the bleeding affected the baby. To my surprise I was informed that the baby still looks great with a nice heart beat and perfect growth.
The following day, 11 weeks 6 days pregnant, I had the same feeling as I did the week before and sure enough I started gushing again.
Went to the doctor this past Monday and he says baby still looks good, but the hemorrhage is still there and I will likely continue to bleed as I have approx 1/4 cup of blood left that needs to come out. The doctor said that every week I was able to hold the baby in the better my chances of having a normal pregnancy.
I am 12 weeks 6 days pregnant today and am anticipating to start bleeding again today at some point since Friday's seem to be the days I bleed.
I have not shared this pregnancy nor been open about it until recently as now we are just asking for prayers for this little baby to be a fighter and for my body to reabsorb this blood and heal the hemorrhage.
So at this point we are cautiously optimistic. I am on pelvic rest indefinitely and am on modified bed rest until further notice. I am being monitored by my doctors weekly and will continue to post updates on here. Next appointment is on Tuesday. I will know more then.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,

    I will keep you and the little one in my prayers. I am excited for Owen to have a little brother or sister! Take care!

    Joan M

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.