Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random thoughts

Well it has been a busy, bittersweet week for us.

On Sunday afternoon my mother-in-law called and said that our aunt was taken to the hospital and was unresponsive and not expected to make it. She woke me up from a nap and still half groggy I remember saying, "oh my gosh, okay, well please keep us posted and let me know if we can do anything." When I fully awoke from my slumber I told Kris and I thought we should head to the hospital....knowing there was not much we could do, but at least be there for emotional support was better than living our "normal" life at home. Kris' aunt passed away the next morning.

It's heart wrenching to know that there was nothing that could be done for her. And I'm so saddened for her family. She was a bubbly person and had a great smile! I didn't know her very well, and I regret that.....but it taught me a lesson.....a lesson that I should have already learned but haven't....life is short, a blink of an eye, really, and something that I shouldn't take for granted so much.

It's events like these that make you think, and I mean REALLY think about how you treat people, how you want people to remember you and how you want to life your life. It's events like these that start up conversations that you NEVER want to talk about, like would you rather be buried or cremated? And who would raise the kids, and how many people would attend your funeral, and is signing up for life insurance a good idea?. Kris and I seldom talk about anything bad....let's face it, it isn't easy to want to think about the worst case scenarios, but it's so important to be prepared.

So hug your loved ones today, tell them you love them.... don't take life for granted. God is the only one who knows what our future holds and we have to be ready, at any time for anything.

In lighter news I knew that the boys would be away from us for a few days while we attended the viewing and funeral, etc. So I decided to take them to the doctor last night. Owen has a swollen eye lid and I wanted to make sure it wasn't pink eye, and Wyatt has had a bad cold for a few weeks and has been beyond fussy.

The doc said that Owen has a sty, which we are treating with some antibiotic ointment and he has allergies so we needed to start him on some meds for those. She checked Wyatt out next and said that he had a nasty sinus infection....WORST mom of the year award goes to ME!! So he needed to start on antibiotics too. All in all I'm so glad I got them in when I did.

While at the doctors, I was asked if either of the boys had any allergies to medications. I responded as I usually do "not that we know of" when Owen lifted his finger to the doctor and said "well actually I'm allergic to the sun." Whaaaatt??? This kid is seriously a goof.

Then after we went to the store to get their scripts filled,  Owen proceeded to tell whoever would listen to him that "he was going to Aunt Julie's for a spend the night and that they were going to have some private time." Ummmm really Owen? That doesn't sound all that appropriate!

And Wy man continues to be an exhaustive handful for me. He now yells "hey" as loud as he can over and over again when he wakes up in the morning until I go get him out of his crib. Super goofy! And going on about a week now he takes his shirt off at bedtime so when I check on him he is always shirtless....adorable.

Lastly my CT results came back and I have a kidney stone which may explain some of the pain I have been having. I have to follow up with urology and when I have time I'm going to research some new medications that my rheumatologist mentioned to me for pain.

SO that's my update on everything that's going on. If you pray please pray for peace and comfort for Kris' uncle and two daughters and soon to be son-in-law. They could sure use some prayers right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.