Friday, June 8, 2012

A big boy bed for our big boy!

After a little more than a month of Wyatt climbing out of his crib and busting through the gate in the hallway like it is nobody's business.....we finally broke down and decided it was time for a big boy bed for our brute of a boy. So today Kris headed to Costco and bought the mattress and I took the boys shopping to pick out the bedding and decor. We always seem to do things on impulse around here so our selection wasn't that great in regards to the bedding. But we found three good choices and this is what Wyatt decided to get. A stripped bedding set with a construction theme. 

We were invited over to a friends house to swim today so we rushed home and had a quick lunch and I loaded up the boys again and off we went while Kris was doing some "design on a dime" for Wyatt. This is how it looked when we got home. Kris did a great job. I still have a lot of finishing touches to add but for now it is great. I will post an after (after) picture hopefully within the week.
 Saying "cheese" in his big boy bed.
 And Owen was so excited for Wyatt.....so excited that he wanted to have story time in Wyatt's new bed tonight.
It is about 11:30pm now and we just got Wyatt to sleep within the last hour. He likes his new bed but I think he was a bit overwhelmed.

It was hard to do away with all of the Jungle theme stuff. After all that's all I've seen everyday for about five years now.....to take it all down brought tears to my eyes. Especially taking out the glider and some of the jungle theme stuffed animals that I touched everyday while making both Owen's and Wyatt's beds. I'm all sappy just thinking about it. My boys are big! Big enough to need big boy beds.....there is hardly any baby stuff left in my house. Kris was talking tonight about donating the car seat and stroller and the pac'n'play. I had to stop him while he was talking...i need more time to process the idea that we will only have TWO boys. They are two amazing little boys and I love them to pieces, but it is so hard to think that there won't be anymore "Jungle" in my house. Okay I have to end because I'm getting too emotional again.

Congrats to Wyatt on getting his own big boy beddie! Next step.....potty training!!!

1 comment:

  1. so cute jill! glad he likes it! isla hated it, and we went back to her crib :) the boys are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.