Monday, April 15, 2013

Infusion

Tomorrow I will start my first infusion. My arthritis has not been managed in almost three years. I have tried several injection medications, but the only thing that seems to work for me are steroids. I used to feel good on the steroids but now I'm just tired and feel drained.

My doctor has been trying to get me to start the infusion for about a year. I've kept putting it off because honestly I'm scared. I don't want to have to take anything. So I keep tapering off of my steroids hoping that 'this time' will be the cure but to no avail. And the last two times I have gone off of my steroids I have been really miserable. Very sore, to the point that it hurt to use one of my arms for most any activity including getting dressed, cleaning, driving and playing with the boys. On this last particular episode the opposite hand started to swell and was very sore too! This is when I knew I needed something more than the steroids to manage my symptoms.

It wasn't until I had blood work last week that confirmed I needed more in depth treatment, you see I have my inflammation markers checked pretty frequently and this last time both of my tests were high but one was through the roof. Normal ranges for the test are 0.0 to 0.6 and mine was a whopping 5.4.

I can hide the pain well. I don't like attention focused on me and I don't want people to feel bad for me. Trust me there are much worse things in life and I realize that fully. But I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone and pray that this infusion works.

There are a lot of side effects and like I said I'm pretty nervous about it.

Please pray for all to go well. I'm not supposed to know if the infusion is successful until after two treatments. But of course there are other blood tests that need to be done in the meantime and if any of those come back abnormal there will be a stop or delay in my treatment.


Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.