Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day gifts and Owen the stinker story!

I haven't been able to stop shopping for my mom and my mother-in-law for mother's day gifts. I thought I was done about a month ago but since their gifts are color themed this year (turquoise and purple, shhhh don't tell them) every time i have been to the store and have spotted something turquoise or purple I am drawn to it like a crazy woman! I was planning for a few months to make them something.....I ended up buying so much stuff in the meantime that my plan and motivation kind of fizzled out on me. But finally I got my motivation back because I wanted Owen to help me make something special for the moms in my life. So I took Owen to Michaels- he was mostly excited about getting to pick something out for him....he ended up picking out a flute! At least it was blue! Finally he started half helping me pick out our supplies but was really more interested in playing his flute! Yes - I was the one with the annoying kid playing a flute in the middle of Michaels but you gotta do when you are on a mission!


I picked everything out with his approval and when I got home I started to do a little painting. After the paint was dry I decided to do a little gluing to make the project complete. (i can't reveal too much on here because I haven't given them their gifts yet)

The next day I ran some errands and when I got home I noticed that the items that I had glued on to the gift had been removed. Owen was already in bed and when I inquired about what happened to Kris, he had no idea! I asked Owen what happened the following morning and he said that he removed the glued items because it wasn't nice that i didn't wait for him to help like i had promised.

So I again glued on the items and now I have to go to Michaels again to get something that he can help me with to make for them....... I hope to post pictures on here of the finished product. And I hope that they like them! And I hope that Owen doesn't mess around with the new project....whatever it is we decide to do!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see, whata fun idea color coordinating! post pictures when you can :)
    happy mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.