Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fun weekend

We had a great weekend. Full of fun and excitement.....it was GREAT!! Kris heads back to work tomorrow, and it will be a VERY long semester for all of us as Kris has a new schedule this semester. It doesn't really allow for much family time so unfortunately Kris will only be able to see the boys on Friday's and the weekends. So I'm trying to think ahead and not allow the "single mom" mentality to kick in too soon. After all I will have plenty of help from my parents and in-laws and have even thought of hiring a weekly babysitter to give me a much needed break.

So anyway this weekend we had fun. Kris got out his radio control helicopter and played for a while with the boys. Here is Wy watching the helicopter. I love this picure, just love it!!



Here is the helicopter Wy is starring at.


This is towards the end of the five minutes of flight time and Owen is trying to have Kris land the helicopter on his hand. Wy-man pulled out his guitar tonight, turned it on and started jammin' away to some good tunes.



Having a blast!!

I also took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese's last night for a birthday party and had so much fun with them. It was a little difficult chasing after both of them but they were both so well behaved it wasn't that hard.....the boys loved it and I loved it that they had so much fun.


Kris and my brother started putting in some windows this weekend. We received an estimate the other day for over $15,000.00 for new windows so my husband, as amazing and talented as he is decided to go for it and do it himself. We already have noticed a HUGE difference in regards to there being NO draft at all from the window they installed. I'm so thankful that my husband is so motivated to want to do these projects himself.


Lastly, tonight we all pitched in and cleaned the house. Dusted, vacuumed, mopped....it was just what I needed to finish up the PERFECT weekend.


And a little update on my new years resolutions...though I know it is only 8 days into January, I have to admit I'm doing great! I couldn't be happier with how things are going and I plan to keep it that way!


Hope you are all enjoying this New Year and the beautiful weather we have been having. We sure have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.