Friday, February 22, 2013

A night with Owen.

Owen is on a mid-winter break until tuesday. Yesterday I picked him up from school and we headed out on a surprise trip. Thanks to my mom and kris' mom for watching wy for me.

The fourth graders were selling gak all week long at school. So everyday Owen would ask if he could have money for gak...so yesterday I figured what's the harm in letting the kid get some gak and supporting the fourth graders?? Well for those of you who don't know, gak is like slime. It is really oozy and messy and Owen will probably never get it again. Here he is sleeping ever so peacefully in the car on the way to our surprise trip. Notice between his legs is a little plastic container?!


Well when this angel child decided to fall asleep he did so prior to putting the lid on his gak. This picture was taken after several attempts of me trying to remove the gak from his crotch. This unfortunate mess remained on his pants and in his booster seat for about an hour or longer. When we finally arrived at the hotel and got our keys there was something wrong with our room key. So as we waited forever for maintenance to arrive I asked Owen if he wanted to take off his coat since it was warm in the hallway. He looked at me and whispered "no! I don't want anyone to see my gak mess." This about broke my heart.... A five year old with a self esteem complex already. I was hoping that took longer to develop.


Any hoot, his surprise trip was an overnight to the soaring eagle water park. My sister met us there and brought us dinner. It was a really nice get away. Owens favorite things to do at the splash park were the lazy river and the flo rider which is this surfing attraction.


Me and my boy!!


And later we played cards, drank pop, and ate lots of candy.


It was a really great way to wrap up an exhausting week!!!


And I just realized that I totally forgot to work today. Better get on it!! Have a great weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.