Sunday, February 24, 2013

The boys got a new bathroom

When the painter was here last week we had him paint the boys bathroom gray.

I had a perfect vision for this space in my head. It was going to be an awesome blend of fun and playful yet manly enough for the boys to grow into. I envisioned a gray shower curtain with a chevron print with a lime green stripe and all kinds of coordinating colors for the towels and decor, lime green, gray, white and maybe some black and mustardy yellow accents. It was so cool looking (in my head). One problem....every shower curtain I found, Owen and Wyatt hated, so I was back to the drawing board.

Yesterday I went to bed bath and beyond and found some angry birds stuff on clearance. I hesitated for what must have been a half an hour trying to decide between my vision of the space and what the boys would love right now. It was a really hard decision but I let the boys happiness win over my perfect whimsical bathroom.

So last night I cleaned and set everything up and today I framed the artwork and hung everything on the walls. Here is the completed project.








So now I am officially the proud owner of more angry birds trademarked items then I care to admit to. But you know what? The boys are thrilled. This morning when they woke up I heard them talking about the bathroom and Owen told me last night, "thanks so much for getting angry birds for our bathroom, I love it!"

I know that I would not have gotten that response or reaction if I did what I wanted to do in there....it would have been about me, not about them....and that wouldn't have been fair. Because at the end of the day my boys deserve a nice space to sooth and relax aka taking a bath and this will be perfect for them for at least a couple of years..... And I had a blast making it perfect for them!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.