Friday, February 22, 2013

Crazy week!

We had some rooms painted this week.... we recently had our home appraised and were bummed at the results, so we decided to try to spruce it up a bit. The boys playroom has never been a favorite room of mine. I've always wanted a room that they would enjoy for the next several years. Something fun and playful and colorful and just overall a happy place for them to be.

Here are the before pictures of the drab area.

This is the entertainment center. Check out the non kid friendly picture on the wall and the paint color.


The lighting in this picture is horrible but you get the idea. More of the same. Not really kid friendly or inviting for a child at all.


Blah. Just blah!!!


Here is the after picture. Looking better......


Kid friendly art work.



I still have a lot to do. We are getting new carpet next week so I'm hoping that in itself will be enough to make this space pop. I also am thinking about getting new throw pillows and getting rid of the ottoman and replacing it with something cool. Not sure yet. So far I'm happy with how the room is turning out. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Side note** the walls are not green. They are like a gray taupe color. I love the way they turned out.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.