Friday, March 8, 2013

Our night...

Phew am I ever thankful for this night to be over. It was such a crazy busy day and on top of the project I decided to do today I had to work tonight. Let me just say that it wasn't such a great idea. When i am stressed out i'm not the most pleasant of people to be around.
And because my house was a total disaster zone and I couldn't handle one more mess to clean or look at, I took the boys to Taco Bell for dinner. It was worth it for my sanity.....that's for sure! And because my brain is still zooming 100 miles per minute, yes they were dressed in their superhero costumes. All.Night.Long and loving every minute of it!




I've been craving to be more organized lately. We have so much stuff in our house it is really just ridiculous to put it nicely. So I've been on a mission to clean, sort, donate, and throw out all of the junk that we don't need or no longer use. Thus comes in our handy storage system courtesy of Costco.




Thanks to my dad for helping me to unload it and build this beauty. Probably would have been much later of a night for me if I had to go at it alone.




Wy man helped to make sure all the baskets fit perfectly. So the unit is built but now I was having a hard time deciding where I wanted it. I thought that it would be good in the laundry room but our laundry room is quite small and this was a bigger and more bulky piece of furniture then I had originally imagined.... So plan B...




Yeah, I'm super embarrassed to be posting this. Welcome to our entry way closet. The first thing that you see as you enter our house. Now for obvious reasons the doors are ALWAYS closed whenever guests are over, but it's no good living around our guests. I want my house to be nice for me and my boys ...and all of the time.




Ugh.... I have nothing to say.




Nothing, nothing, nothing. Just embarrassment right now.




So all of the stuff came out of the closet and was thrown, ahem, placed ever so gently all over the new playroom I just finished redoing.




And some of it was in the kitchen and some of it was on the stairs and blocking the front door, but you get the idea. Huge mess from a tiny space. I'm not even sure how all of that stuff fit in there. But I assure you it did.




So my boys got tired of watching me sort and organize and clean so they headed upstairs to watch a movie. This is how I found them when I checked on them. I wish I could sleep so peacefully.




And the finished result. Each of us have two bins that are all filled with different things. Kris' has about 100 baseball style hats and a few pair of summer shoes and a few winter accessories. Mine has most of my flats and sandals and some dress shoes along with some winter accessories. Owen and Wyatt's are filled with shoes, coats, their backpacks and winter accessories.




I did have a pretty big bag of stuff to donate to the Salvation Army but all in all it was just a matter of sorting through everything and organizing it. I'm so pleased with the end result and know that it will be kept up. The boys are already super excited to have their own bins for their stuff and know where everything goes.
So now I'm pooped but I can't get my mind off of the next project to tackle. Probably the basement but it will require reinforcements....so for now I will be thankful for what the day produced for me!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.