Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dinner mishap.....

Tonight we had quite the dinner mishap. We initially were going to make turkey burgers on the George which is in line with our diet and a healthy alternative to cheeseburgers. Kris plugged in the George and it started buzzing....he said it is fried (pardon the pun!) So he went to the local hardware store and bought some propane so we could BBQ our turkey burgers on the grille. When he got home he headed out on the deck and put the propane in the grille and then came back in the house and told me to come outside with my camera. When I went outside I noticed at first that the cranes were in our backyard and was puzzled on why he wanted me to take pictures of them because I already have SO many pictures. But then I saw what he wanted me to take a picture of................ can you guess where this is????Yep you probably guessed correctly.....in our BBQ grille.




The eggs are just beautiful! Such a gorgeous color.




Of course Owen needed to get in on all of the action too!


So here we are starving with no source to cook our food. Kris wanted to move the nest.....I encouraged him to leave it alone for now. I think it will be fun to watch the momma come back to look after her babies.


As for dinner- we had to break our diet a bit. We had to make hot dogs on the stove! But they were good and it was worth it. If we are lucky enough maybe I will be able to snap some shots of the baby birds as they hatch .......I'm sure they will be so cute!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.