Sunday, April 3, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

I feel like my life is so rushed and busy....I know that it will only become busier and more rushed as the boys get older and start sports, etc. I just want things to slow down for a little while so I can soak in each and every moment spent with Kris and the boys. I know that soon I will be looking back and saying to myself, where did the time go! And was I happy doing what I was doing? Which leads me to my work......I am supposed to be working part-time, from home (20 hours per week) but lately I took on more responsibilities and worked over 40 hours this past week. I am so thankful and blessed to have the opportunity that I have, yet still struggle to find a good work/life balance and truly separate my work and home life. It is also hard because Kris is gone so much throughout the week that I have to try to balance taking care of the boys, taking care of the house, taking care of myself, and WORK all within the hours of a single day. When Kris is home he basically becomes single dad to the boys as I go into hibernation mode. I have been praying about how I can separate my work and home life, ideas come to mind such as waking up super early and getting my stuff done.....or sacrificing alone time with Kris, and working really late at night. Again I'm so thankful for my job and the opportunity I have....not many people get to create their own job with their own conditions. Blessed...truly blessed! My mom keeps telling me that I need to concentrate on ME and that if I do that and get the rest that I need that maybe it will allow the necessary healing for my body. I agree with her but it is hard to get the rest I need without certain areas of my life being sacrificed. And yes I know, I am important too, but tell that to two boys who need to be clothed, fed, and bathed and tell that to all the laundry that needs to be done and to all the trash that needs to go out, and to all of the cleaning that the house needs.....oh and tell that to my work! We did hire a house-keeper again, primarily because I remain very swollen in my wrists, fingers and hands, and elbow, mainly on my left side but my right side is very sore too. I LOVE her!! She is great and now I don't stress too much about the house, knowing that she will be here to make it look great! We continue to be blessed beyond measure and are SO thankful for all that we have. God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.