Friday, March 25, 2011

another update

got a call from my rheumatologist yesterday with blood work results. all of my inflammatory markers (ESR, SED rate, C-Reactive Protein) came back elevated which shows that the disease is still very active. She was not surprised after my recent visit to her. She also said my WBC is high which is likely due to the dose of steroids I'm on and that my hemoglobin is low which they are going to monitor.

I had my CT/Pelvic scan today. It went okay, as good as it can go I suppose. U of M is very efficient in everything that they do and I was in and out of there in under an hour and a half.

I haven't felt great since I've been home, have a splitting headache and my stomach is in knots....and I still have the contrast taste in my mouth that I can't seem to shake!! I don't know if it is the injections making me feel bad or what but I'm hoping I can just sleep it off tonight.

I should find out results from CT scan on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Hoping to not hear anything....no news is good news, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.