Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first Anakinra injection....so far so good!

So after a long wait of well, waiting for my new injection medication to be shipped to me.... I finally received it today in the mail....it came in a huge cooler- complete with a sharps container and probably a month supply of medicine which will dwindle down quickly I'm sure since the injection is daily.

And the best part is that I did my first injection myself....i'm sure it took longer then it would have if someone else did it, but I DID IT MYSELF and for that reason I now know that I can do it alone with no help!! It did burn quite bad as the medicine was going in, but other then that I can't complain....I'm sure (well doesn't really matter I guess) my body will just have to get used to it..........

BECAUSE

After just 5 hours after giving myself the injection I can completely, 100% make almost a complete fist with my left hand. I can still feel some swelling in my fingers but I haven't been able to make a fist in weeks!!!!

So- wish me luck! Keep those prayers coming that this may finally be the medication needed to help knock all this disease out of my system....I was beginning to think that there would be NOTHING that would make me feel better and was honestly very discouraged with the way I was feeling considering that I have been on SO many meds with little relief.

Friday I have my CT scan and pelvic scan. They called me and cancelled my original CT scan this week for no reason other then "your doctor cancelled it." I was very let down about this and perplexed until I received a call about an hour later to reschedule the CT scan with a different body protocol. They are doing a hip scan to look for ventricular necrosis. Not sure exactly what that means other then per Kris "deadening of the veins." So we are praying this isn't the case and that the scan will come back normal, or at least if it is something abnormal will be treatable. I SO badly desire to get out and run outside and just get my body back to the way it was before I got pregnant with Wyatt.

But again, I can't complain and don't mean to sound like I am complaining....my blog is my way to express my feelings. I'm not great at expressing my feelings verbally, never have been good at that.....so what you see here is me being ME....plain and simple! ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.