Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another appt

Went to the rheum today for a follow up visit and again got my prednisone increased.....they just aren't happy that I am still having flairs every time I decrease the steroids......also tomorrow night I will jump a dose of my methotrexate, which means that after tomorrow I will be on the full dose of that med....the hope is to get me on the full dose ASAP and then hopefully decrease my steroids once and for all as long as my symptoms/pain are managed and controlled on the plaquenil and methotrexate.

I am about to take my first sleeping pill....the doctor is hoping that this will help my body heal and I will be more refreshed and have more energy as a result.....I am kind of excited to finally get a good nights sleep.

FUNNY STORY ALERT!!
I took both boys with me to my appointment today...it was a big mistake but they were both truly wonderful and well behaved considering how boring it was waiting and waiting and waiting.....

while checking out the girl at the desk couldn't figure out what my diagnosis code was. After being in the office for about 2 1/2 hours, I wanted to leave and the boys had had enough...so finally after waiting patiently for a few minutes I politely (with probably a rather annoyed look on my face) asked if it was too much trouble to look up my last visit and see what I was billed for. She said she was almost done when all of a sudden Wyatt just started crying hysterically. I turned to him trying to find out what was the matter and he had these HUGE crocodile tears streaming down his face. An older African American man was about three feet away from him and looked up at me and said "Is this the first time he has seen a black guy? I just winked at him!"
I was mortified!! and embarrassed!! Everyone in the office was laughing. Thankfully the guy felt bad for making him cry.....needless to say we high-tailed it out of there!
Gosh, you would think that my kid would act more civilized! :o) Poor Wyatt, so scared!!

2 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.