Sunday, March 20, 2011

My mom is a celebrity!!


So proud of my mom! In 2004 she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.....after many treatments we learned that it spread to her lung and then to her brain twice. She underwent cyberknife treatment a non-invasive surgery for the tumors in her brain. After a long hard battle with a lot of unknowns I am blessed to say that my mom is still here and in REMISSION. She was and remains to be so strong and such a fighter!
She was recommended by her doctor who also is in charge of cyberknife at St. Joe's Hospital to do a photo shoot for cyberknife media. She was told that her picture may be used in print ads, commercials and maybe even a billboard. Well, Julie was driving the other day and almost drove off of the road as she passed this billboard!
My parents took all the boys for a drive today to look at the billboard. How cool for them to see their Nana on the sign! What lucky boys they are to still have their Nana to share with them her victory!
Love you mom! Thanks for fighting, thanks for being strong, thanks for being you!








1 comment:

  1. Jill,
    It's great to hear that your mom is doing so well! And how cool is it that she's on a billboard?! I'll keep my eyes peeled as I'm driving :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.