Thursday, December 15, 2011

the nasty bug

It has been a long and tiring few days...... Monday night while enjoying a very nice evening at Kris' moms church, Kris texted me that Wyatt was sick. He actually sent me a picture of Wyatt with a pile of puke in front of him and said to stop at CVS on my way home and buy a new blow dryer since mine was being thrown out. So home I came and Wyatt was sleeping, but had bouts of vomit and diarrhea all night long into Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday morning he seemed okay so I took him to my parents house so I could take Owen to school.

After I dropped Owen off at school I went and gave my grandma her medicine and headed back to my parents to get my hair done. As I was getting my color washed out I had an overwhelming sensation that I was about to get sick. I did all that I could to hold it in and ran upstairs to save everyone from what was about to happen next. My mom told me to go straight home and just lay down. Her and my dad would watch Wyatt and my dad would go pick up Owen from his play date.

So home I came, layed down and felt awful. Kris was to pick up the boys on his way home. A short while later Kris came home and went right to the bathroom (he didn't have the kids). He was really sick too! So after some communication with my mom she decided it was best to keep the boys overnight since Kris and I were basically useless and just needed to hopefully "sleep it off."

So this morning I woke up to a text from my mom saying that Owen had been up since 3am and Wyatt at 5:30am puking. I felt soooo bad so immediately mustered up as much energy as possible to throw on my puke stained jeans and robe and got in the car to go grab my pitiful boys. When I went to get them, Owen was just so sick looking. Wyatt was doing okay but still a little slow moving.

My parents are such a blessing to Kris and I. I know if we lived closer my in-laws would have watched them for us too in the condition we were both in...... But I am thankful to my parents, knowing that they will probably be sick tomorrow, did what they could for us so that we could get the rest that we needed.

Here are some pictures of our lazy day that we had today. Our diet has consisted of saltines, Vernor's and chicken noodle soup.

I think the worst of the worst about all this is tonight is Owen's Christmas concert. We had to call this morning and tell them that he wouldn't be there. And of course now that Owen isn't actively puking he keeps saying that he is ready to go sing his songs and recite his poem. Breaks my heart!!



2 comments:

  1. Poor Young family =-( I feel for you guys. This has been an awful year for us with the "ICKS" When the stomach thing came through here it started with Aidan. He threw up in the middle of night all over his bedroom floor and then went back to sleep. It wasn't until he woke up for round 2 @ about 4 a.m. that he finally sent Connor to get us. Needless to say I was cleaning carpets and doing laundry @ 4 a.m. Good times... Good times.. LOL :o) Hope you guys feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jill, i am so sorry! isla just got hit with something yesterday...fever broke this morning, but she just threw up tonight, gross. my guess, someone in the nursery at church was very generous this holiday season ;) just hoping this passes,,,she won't eat anything! i also hop fit passes for you all!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.