Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Owen on a train......to CHICAGO!

My sister offered to take Owen to Chicago for a few days. After a weekend of thinking and thinking about whether Kris and I wanted Owen to go.....we finally decided that he would LOVE it and it would be a great experience for him. And of course my sister loves him as her own so that helped in making our decision.

So today we drove them to the train station for the 5 hour ride to Chicago, from there they were taking another train to a nearby suburb where they will be staying with my uncle.

My uncle called my sister this morning and was super excited about having them come and visit. Uncle Ronnie doesn't have any kids and isn't married so the only "kid" interaction he gets is when he visits us here in Michigan. SO anyway, he told my sister about how he had gone grocery shopping and bought a super fabulous meal to make tonight.......calamari, some fancy lettuce blend and sole for the main course........then he said, "do you think Owen will like it?" Julie said that they may be stopping at McDonald's on the way to his house!!

Tomorrow they will go to the aquarium in downtown Chicago.

I was so nervous for this trip but have been praying a lot for me to be able to trust Him more, and I actually felt an overwhelming sense of peace when I watched the train pull away today. Don't get me wrong, I miss him like CRAZY, but I know that he is in the best hands possible and I am excited for him, knowing how much fun he will have. I love that boy beyond belief!!

Here are the three of us before the train arrives.






Owen waiting for the train to pull in.









He was such a good boy and was so excited to go on this big trip. When the train was pulling into the station he was a bit startled and just turned to us and said, "wow, that was a lot louder then I thought it was going to be."

So we got a text and a few pictures since he has been gone and one video....he is having a great time. Of course I will feel a lot better when he gets home. It will sure make this Christmas extra special having the four of us together again.

In the meantime we are gonna enjoy lots of one on one time with Wy man and love him up as much as we can.......

Hopefully I can post an update tomorrow if I get any new pictures from Julie.

Please continue to pray for God to watch over Julie and Owen and to continue to bless them with safe travel and have a fabulous trip with good health while they are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.