Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions?? Yep it's that time. I really don't believe in resolutions and typically don't make lists.....but this year I did, and I'm ready to start January 1, 2012. It doesn't make sense to make a resolution that I know that I can't keep, so I'm not cutting out sweets, or pop, anything like that. I know I couldn't do that for more than a day or two.....but....

I'm excited for my first resolution. My new venture, if you will, is to SAVE MONEY. That is going to my full time job away from my first full time job (working for IPC) and my second full time job of raising two boys, taking care of a house, paying the bills, taking care of myself, etc. I know I will be busy but saving money has been something I have wanted to do for a while and well let's face it....it is just too easy to spend money...and WAY more fun to get what you want when you want it...but it is TIME for me to do this and get a better handle on my family's financial future..after all we do want to put both of our boys in private school.....moving on.....

Secondly I'm committing myself to read the Bible daily. I have actually been doing this pretty regularly for a while now, but I want to do more....I want to learn all that I can....it's sad to say this but even though I have been a born again christian for 13 years, I still would consider myself to have very basic, very entry level knowledge of the Bible. I want more for ME and I especially want to be able to teach what I read to my boys and lead by example. I want them to be able to ask me questions and for me to know the answer without feeling ashamed that I should know more than I do.

Thirdly, I long to spend quality time together with my boys....and husband. Whether that mean I work strictly at night after the boys go to bed, or only when Wy is napping, etc. I don't have all of it figured out yet but I do want to be more engaged with my boys and give them the one on one time they need and deserve. I want to do things with just the four of us. We often do so much with our families and don't get me wrong I love every minute of it. But sometimes we just need time to be by ourselves and enjoy our family. So I'm looking forward to good bonding moments and memories.

Last I desire to eat healthier and exercise more in 2012. This one is kind of boring and I'm not super pumped about it but I'm still committing to do what I can because I know that exercise and eating healthy for anyone is good and important, but especially important because of my vasculitis. I need to do what I can for my body to be sure I'm doing everything in my power to protect my temple (as my dad says). If I don't do that now then it will just be harder and harder for me to maintain my body to a condition that I feel is acceptable.

So all in all that's what I will be up to in 2012. It sounds hard but I'm so ready for the challenge. I guess I should have also added in there somewhere to be weaned off of my steroids and to find a suitable replacement medication to treat my vasculitis and arthritis symptoms (but that's kind of boring to think about so I'll keep that one to myself)

Do you have any New Year's resolutions? If so I'd love to hear about them........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.