Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kris and I celebrated Valentine's Day a day early

Kris works ALL DAY LONG tomorrow so we had a really nice opportunity to celebrate a day early. After church my parents took the boys back to their house and Kris and I headed to Frankenmuth. While in Frankenmuth Kris went to a toy store downtown and bought the boys a Valentine's Day gift. A box of Jumbo Cardboard Blocks. Kris said that he and his brother had these as kids and as soon as he saw them in the store he knew that this was THE gift for Owen and Wyatt. Unfortunately Wyatt was pooped when we got home so he went straight to bed, but Owen on the other hand has been playing for a good hour with these blocks and seems to really enjoy them. He keeps saying over and over "thanks daddy, thanks momma for my blocks! I love you so much!" It is so sweet! He is adorable! Much thanks to my parents for watching the boys so that we could enjoy some alone time today. Kris and I don't usually get to do much stuff alone and don't get me wrong we love spending our time together as a family.....but it was just very peaceful and quiet today...which was a really nice change of pace for us. Here is a picture of Kris and I eating an early dinner at the Frankenmuth Brewery. Caesar salad, brie encrusted sirloin and for desert Kris had creme brulee cheesecake and I had strawberry shortcake. It was very good!
Every time we dine at the brewery Kris always orders the beer sampler. He really enjoys it so I always try to take a picture of him with ALL of the beer in front of him. Also in the picture above notice the two growlers that he takes in every time we go there and he gets them filled with his favorite beer. It is a really cool atmosphere and the food is great. It is also a short distance to some favorite shops of mine so that is a plus.


Needless to say we had a great Valentine's Day. Kris is truly an amazing man and I am so blessed and fortunate to have him for my husband and as the father of my children. I am so privileged to say that after almost 7 years of marriage we are still very happy and very much in love.
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I'll try to post some cute pictures of the boys tomorrow if I have a chance...........after all it is Wy's first V-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.