Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My new car


Let me start by saying that my blog is never intended as a brag session, however I would like to eventually use my blog to look back and remember all of the things that happened over the months and years and eventually print and bind a book together for the boys! So with that being said this is my new car.

Almost a year ago we weren't sure what my work situation would be since I was pregnant with Wyatt and I again knew that I wanted to stay home with him....I suppose WANT isn't a good word to use....it was a necessity. There would be no other way about it! So after leasing a nice Lincoln since Owen was a baby, and spending WAY too much money on a car payment.....we decided the best option for our family would be to buy something we could pay cash for and put some money into. We found a 2003 Explorer XLT that was a stolen recovery vehicle. This car had many issues including some minor body damage and had basically been stripped, however for $1,500 it was right up our alley and Kris was up for the challenge.

Fast forward almost 6 months...it turns out that our debt free car was not so debt free as it seemed. There was always a little money here and a little money there being put back into it. We got to the point this week where we decided we could continue putting money into it and still not have any guarantee of how long it would last...OR we could try to find a nice family car for myself to drive with the boys that would be a reliable alternative. I'm happy to say that we found a great deal on this Mazda 6. IT doesn't have all of the frills and thrills of vehicles I have driven in the past, however it is a really sharp car for the price.

So needless to say as we were about to pull out of the dealership Kris snapped this picture of me in my new ride! We are hoping and praying for a nice reliable car from this point forward. It is a lease so if we don't like it, we aren't committed to it for more then 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Our blog is a way to keep friends and family updated on what is happening with our family.